THE MANAOLA HAWAI’I VISION: Manaola is the life force brand of Hawaiʻi that integrates ancient cultural traditions and contemporary expression resulting in an enriched modern lifestyle. Our mission at MANAOLA Hawai’i is to create fashion and lifestyle products that empower individuals through wearing and being surrounded by Hawai’i’s indigenous culture expressed in sophisticated design.
Job Title: Hui Lead FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Retail Store Manager Prepared By: MANAOLA
As a MANAOLA Hui Lead, you will become an essential ambassador of the brand to assist the Retail Store Manager in leading and developing the sales professionals within the Manaola ʻohana through inspiring hands-on management and coaching. You will supervise and work with sales professionals for the purpose of meeting the day-to-day obligations and long term goals of the company.
Hui Lead is a role model and assists sales professionals in building personalized kanaka kūʻai (customer) relationships thereby ensuring that every kanaka kūʻai interaction reflects the Manaola Lifestyle. Hui Lead is encouraged to identify merchandising and to develop recommendations leading to the achievement of our store’s ultimate goals. The Hui Lead will be directly accountable to the Retail Sales Manager for supervising professional sales staff and for any assigned tasks, including but not limited to, inventory, operations and accounting.
A. Team Supervision and Development
Is a role model to sales professionals reflecting the Manaola Lifestyle in interactions with kanaka kūʻai through genuine aloha and exceptional service.
● Supervises and, as directed and/or as needed, provides hands-on training to sales professionals to develop proficiency in company operations and procedures.
Follows through with sales professional to assist him or her in accomplishing job responsibilities and assigned tasks.
● Provides leadership in meeting company productivity, sales and other goals.
● Makes recommendations about the ways in which sales professionals can be motivated and challenged to meet company sales targets.
● Fosters a positive work environment to empower, encourage and motivate staff.
B. Lead Responsibilities
● Gains a comprehensive understanding of the business and its reliance on a positive relationship to all kanaka kūʻai. Communicate this understanding to sales staff.
● Recommends procedures by which to develop inter-personal, loyal relationships with kanaka kūʻai. Advance Manaola company’s kanaka kūʻai centered etiquette in store to ensure the highest level of customer experience through service with aloha.
● Leads by example as a MANAOLA Hawai’i ambassador in the local community through positive representation of the brand in local events and activities.
Provides consistent and quality feedback to sales professionals through on-the-job coaching and encouragement.
Keeps aware of areas needing improvement by sales staff and transmit any recommendation and/or report areas needing attention to retail sales manager.
Observes trends in sales in all product categories and report observations to the manager with recommendations for store merchandising, training and promotional events.
When needed, functions as interim manager.
Ensures policies, standards and MANAOLA Hawai’i procedures are implemented and being followed by sales professionals.
Drives sales through product knowledge, passionate brand enthusiasm, operational improvements and clearly defined and implemented action plans
Is proficient in opening and closing and be able to train staff on procedure.
Keeps track of inventory and store supply needs and reports to manager. Follows through on any inventory tasks assigned by store manager.
Meets with manager as requested and attend other company meetings as required to coordinate operations between the store and the office/warehouse.
As directed, follows through and supervises merchandise and promotional marketing within Manaola store.
Ensures sales professionals are following the daily check list of tasks within Manaola store.
Is proficient in closing at end of retail day.
Experience in retail and in providing leadership to employees.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience in working independently and within a team structure.
Knowledge and use of programs for POS transactions.
High School diploma. Associates or Bachelors Degree in business, fashion industry or a related discipline a plus.
Japanese and/or Hawaiian speaking a plus.
This position requires working a minimum of five days in all shifts totaling at least a 30-hour/week at the Manaola Store, including weekends and evenings. Along with the retail store manager, the Hui Leads are responsible for closing each night on a scheduled basis.